Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Tanks update

I've more or less finished my new axolotl tank.  I let it settle for a week before putting him in.  Ph looks ok. And I've had a guppy in it for five days that seems to be doing well, so everything looks safe.  I've followed all the advice I've been reading online, so I think it should be fine.
One problem however is the heat.  Japanese summers are way too hot.  His water temperature should be around 20 C but lately it's been at 30 C.
I've asked at the pet shops what people in Japan do, and they told me to use frozen PET bottles.  A PET bottle melts within on hour though, and only takes the water temperature down by 3 or 4 degrees.  Since I'm at work 10 hours a day, I don't think this is going to be very effective.  I'm not sure what to do.  I don't want him to get sick. I'll try to think of something.
I've also starting finishing off the first tank I built with the waterfall.  I let it cure for over a month and though the pH is still around 8, I think that once I get the aquasoil it is and let it fun for a couple weeks, it should be fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment