Here's the tank. I think it's looking pretty good. I didn't really think about installing the cords and hoses when I was building it. But I think I'll be able to hid them with plants and things.
One other thing I didn't think about was spraying foam directly onto the glass. I wanted to spread silicone first to cover the ugly color seen from the outside. But I got to excited about installing the bark piece. Oh well.
I think I'm also going to have trouble getting the loose dirt off the new background. I don't want it continuously falling off into the axolotl's water.
I installed a hose up through the top to spray out onto part of the rock. I glued too pieces of mopani wood to it as well. I haven't tested it yet. If it doesn't work right, I can always disconnect it. I'm hoping it splashes a little so I can grow moss in the areas around it; I just don't want it splashing into the dishes.
I also got my new shelf.