Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Ready to Plant

Here's the tank.  I think it's looking pretty good.  I didn't really think about installing the cords and hoses when I was building it.  But I think I'll be able to hid them with plants and things. 
One other thing I didn't think about was spraying foam directly onto the glass.  I wanted to spread silicone first to cover the ugly color seen from the outside.  But I got to excited about installing the bark piece.  Oh well.
I think I'm also going to have trouble getting the loose dirt off the new background.  I don't want it continuously falling off into the axolotl's water.
I installed a hose up through the top to spray out onto part of the rock.  I glued too pieces of mopani wood to it as well.  I haven't tested it yet.  If it doesn't work right, I can always disconnect it.  I'm hoping it splashes a little so I can grow moss in the areas around it; I just don't want it splashing into the dishes.  
I also got my new shelf.



No comments:

Post a Comment